The plan is to hold a competition to select the design of the banner. The chosen design will then be made by the branch at a craft-a-long picnic.
Guidelines for the competition are:
- The banner will be mounted on a T-frame (see examples in the links below)
- Maximum size of 1 metre x 1 metre
- The design should be suitable for a group project (eg different parts could be made by different people?)
- Please include brief details of how you imagine it will being constructed
- The committee will pick the top 3 designs
- These will be shown at the July meeting for members to vote on
- All voting will be done blind / by secret ballot
- Deadline - 9th July 2012
- Email designs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact a member of the committee if you cannot email the design and want to submit it by hand / post
Have fun designing!!
Example photos of WI banners on the internet: